Monday, October 19, 2009

EVENT Charlottesville City Market October 24th 7a to 12 noon

As the season for the City Market is winding down, I am still pumping out loads of new designs. I will have them on hand this weekend. This is the time for you to start stocking up on gifts to stash away for the holidays and winter birthdays. My apologies for not toughing it out last weekend. The cold weather kept me home with family. This weekend, I will be there, rain or shine.
I also want to mention a sad situation that touches me deeply. Farmer Jack Cason was injured badly in a car accident on his way to the market last weekend. He suffered burns over 20% of his body and is at UVA hospital undergoing skin graphing while in an induced coma. My heart aches for him and his family. He is such a good man and always puts a smile on my face (and an apple in my hand) when I make my morning stroll to greet everyone on those early saturday mornings. I would like to donate a portion of my sales for the rest of the season to him and his wife. If you purchase from GDO during the next four weeks, 25% of earnings will go to Farmer Jack. He will celebrate his 80th birthday next week...